A 28-year-old La Plata woman was arrested on August 1, 2006, for driving while intoxicated, driving while impaired, negligent driving, fleeing and eluding, hit and run, and failure to drive on right side of the road.
Sabrina Rae Cutlip was apprehended by police who followed her after she became involved in a hit and run accident in the parking lot of the CVS Pharmacy on Crain Highway in La Plata.
A hit and run incident is a failure by a driver involved in an vehicle-related accident to stop and remain at the scene of the accident.
According to police, a few of the reasons why drivers hit and run:
– Driving while impaired
– Driving without a license
– Driving a stolen vehicle
– Fear of going to prison
If you are involved in a car accident, here are the following tips:
– Stop at the accident scene.
– Try to park away from ongoing traffic.
– Check to see if anyone is injured.
– If someone needs medical attention, call 911
– Let oncoming traffic know that there has been an accident by turning on your hazard lights.
– Call the police to report the accident.
– Exchange information- name, driver’s license information, vehicle information, contact information, and insurance information with the other party
– Note down the names of witnesses
– Do not admit fault. Allow your claims representative and the police to handle this matter.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a hit and run accident, you should obtain the advice of a personal injury lawyer to see if you can file a personal injury lawsuit. Please contact Jack Lebowitz or Vadim Mzhen, by e-mail or toll-free at 1-888-311-HURT (4878) for a free, no obligation consultation.
28-Year-Old La Plata Woman Arrested After Rampage In Her Car, Southern Maryland Online.com, August 3, 2006.
Auto Accident, The State Bar of California