The Anne Arundel County fire department is reporting that five people were injured when an SUV crashed into a Chick-fil-A on Solomon’s Island Road in Edgewater today.
One of the injured persons, a 67-year-old man, sustained serious injuries and had to be flown to the Maryland Shock Trauma Center. A 6-year-old boy was transported to Anne Arundel Medical Center for treatment of his injuries.
Three Maryland state troopers who were eating at the restaurant sustained minor injuries and did not require medical treatment. The driver of the SUV was not hurt.
If you were injured anywhere in Maryland or Washington D.C. in any kind of accident caused by someone who was negligent, it is important that you retain the services of an experienced personal injury law firm right away.
Driver negligence, carelessness, inexperience, drunk driving, speeding, and vehicle malfunction are some of the common causes of truck accidents, pedestrian accidents, car crashes, and motorcycle collisions.
The Top Driving Mistakes that Leads to Motor Vehicle Accidents (GMAC Insurance):
• Multi-tasking while driving: Fiddling with the radio, talking on the cell phone, text messaging, applying make-up, and reading a magazine are not activities that drivers should engage in while driving.
• Failure to yield when turning left: Remember to yield to motor vehicles and pedestrians who have the right of way.
• Following to closely: There should be a two-second pace between vehicles in case you need to step on the brakes. The time cushion should be longer if there is rain or snow on the road.
• Backing up without turning to see what’s behind you: Your driving mirrors may not show you what is behind you. Make sure to look before you drive in reverse.
• Incorrect Merging: Learn to merge properly.
Related Web Resources:
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Fatality and Analysis Reporting System
If you were injured in a motor vehicle accident because another driver was negligent, contact Lebowitz & Mzhen today. Our Maryland and Washington D.C. lawyers would like to offer you a free consultation to explore your legal options. We have helped many SUV injury victims recover their personal injury compensation.