Over 100,000 attended the Sixth Annual Delmarva Biker week that took place from September 14-17. The number of attendees from last year was slightly down due to bad weather.
The following motorcycle accidents took place over the weekend in Ocean City:
· Jason Bowen, 24, of Harrington suffered serious injuries while performing tricks on his bike on Friday, September 15, near 85th Street. He was flung into the air and traveled 82 feet before hitting a median.
· Motorcyclist Tracy Rumor, 48, of Marshall, Virginia, hit OCPD Cpl. Ronnie Townsend’s K-9 unit vehicle on 65th Street. Rumor and Townsend were injured, treated at Atlantic General Hospital, and released.
· 19 people were arrested for DWI .
· 4 people were arrested for drug violations.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says that there were 42,815 motorcycle-related deaths in 2002.
Examples of severe motorcycle injuries that occur:
Spinal Cord Injuries
Some Tips For Preventing Motorcycle Accidents:
• Do not drive under the influence.
• Use helmets approved by the DOT (Department of Transportation).
• Make sure your bike is in working condition.
• Do not share a lane with another vehicle.
• Wear protective and brightly colored clothing.
If you or someone you love has been injured in a motorcycle accident due to the negligence of another person, you may be able to file a personal injury lawsuit. Call the law office of Lebowitz and Mzhen for a free consultation.
Bike Week Rides Out Rain, Delmarvanow.com, September 19, 2006
Bikers Involved In Two Weekend Crashes, Delmarvanow.com, September 17, 2006
National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Tips In Preventing Motorcycle Injuries, Carjunky.com
Related Web Resources:
Maryland Motorcycle Laws