Payless Shoesource Inc. is voluntarily recalling some 90,000 Girls’ Boots that were manufactured in China because the guitar-shaped zipper pull on each boot can interlock and cause a girl to trip and fall while walking.
The shoes are sold were sold at Payless ShoeSource stores across the U.S. and Payless.com from August 2007 to September 2007. There have been five reports of the zipper pulls interlocking and one incident of a four-year-old girl who skinned her knee because she fell.
If a person is injured because of a defective product, he or she may have grounds to file a products liability claim or lawsuit against the manufacturer and/or the store where the product was brought.
The recalled boots have “Hannah Montana” engraved on their outsoles and were sold in girls’ sizes 4 ½ to 10.
Jewelry, jackets, shoes, belts, hooded sweatshirts, bathrobes, pants, and sweaters are just some of the clothing items that can be recalled if any of them prove to be flammability hazards, strangulation hazards, choking hazards, toxic hazards, or slip and fall hazards.
Product recalls are authorized because a particular product item has proved to be dangerous to users. The recall warns users of the hazard and pulls the product off store shelves.
Recent Recalls involving Children’s Clothing (Healthnews.com):
• Children’s Necklaces Recalled by GeoCentral Due to Lead Poisoning Hazard (June 19, 2007)
• Choking Hazard Prompts Nordstrom Recall of Children’s Jackets (June 14, 2007)
• Children’s Jeweled Sandals Sold by Nordstrom Recalled Due to Choking Hazard (June 14, 2007)
• Silver Stud Earrings Sold Exclusively at Kmart Recalled by Crimzon Rose Accessories Due to Lead Poisoning Hazard (June 12, 2007)
• Personalized Infant Long Johns Recalled by Personal Creations Due to Choking Hazard (June 7, 2007)
• Lead Poisoning Hazard Prompts Cardinal Distributing to Again Recall Children’s Rings (May 2, 2007)
• Oriental Trading Company Inc. Recalls Children’s Necklaces Due to Lead Hazard (May 2, 2007)
• Payless ShoeSource Recalls Children’s Clog Shoes Due to Choking Hazard (May 2, 2007)
If you or someone you love was injured by any kind of defective product in Maryland or Washington D.C., do not hesitate to contact an experienced products liability attorney right away. You may be eligible to receive compensation for injuries, pain, and suffering.
Payless ShoeSource Recalls Girls’ Boots Due to Fall Hazard, CPSC.gov, October 18, 2007
Clothing Recalls, Product Recalls, Health News
Related Web Resource:
Contact Lebowitz & Mzhen today.